Monday 24 January 2011

Android Calendar - Duplicate Facebook Birthdays

Device: HTC Legend
OS: Android 2.2 Froyo (with HTC Sense)

In my calendar, I had 2 entries for every birthday on my Facebook calendar. If I went into the calendar options and hid the Facebook calendar, both entries disappeared. I've learnt that this calendar is populated by the Facebook for HTC Sense app.

The solution was to remove the account in my sync settings (Settings>Accounts & sync>Facebook for HTC Sense), do a full sync, and then re-add it the account. My contacts remembered all the facebook link information too, so after re-adding the account and doing a full sync, everything was back just the way it was (inc Facebook pictures in my contact list) except no more duplicate birthday events in my calendar!


REFERENCES
http://www.htcforums.com/android-applications-games/6762-duplicate-facebook-birthday-calendar.html

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the info! worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the only method working. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same with Facebook inside Xperia, and your fix worked :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete